(Jesus said) "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
The salvation story of Jesus Christ reaches around the world. So that the readers of our Daily Devotion may see the power of the Savior on a global scale, we have asked the volunteers of our International Ministry Centers to write our Friday devotions. We pray that the Spirit may touch your day through their words.
In Christ, I remain, His servant and yours,
Kenneth R. Klaus
Speaker Emeritus of The Lutheran Hour
A new advertisement by Washington Olivetto was shown on television recently. The screen was completely white. Over this white background came the voice of the narrator, who said,
• This advertisement does not have a nude woman, children, dogs, nor little babies.
• This advertisement doesn't have happy couples, nor does it have kisses.
• It doesn't have a family having breakfast, impressive music, special effects or turtles playing soccer.
• This ad doesn't have famous people either, because this ad intends to sell a product that nobody needs to be convinced to buy: a product that you love to consume and with a signal you have already even bought, but has not yet been delivered.
• This product doesn't have a brand, slogan, package or an offer like "Buy 2 get 1 free!" Still, it would be wonderful if this ad could be run all over the world, because what it is trying to sell is peace.
• You should grab the staff of peace that you have at home and use it during rush hour, at the line in the bank, out on the streets, at work, at school, etc. Peace is an interesting product because the more you use it the more you have! And if the entire world were to use it, the day would come when an advertisement to sell peace would no longer be necessary.
This advertisement speaks to a greet need. Sadly, it only tells us of our need, and not where we can find an answer to that need. This is why I point you to John 14:27, where it records Jesus saying, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
This is God's advertisement in which He announces we can find real peace only through Jesus Christ. Only in the Savior can we be given the true peace that brings tranquility, love, hope and joy. Only in the Redeemer is there a peace that changes fear to faith.
And it is faith in Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, which saves! Amen.
THE PRAYER: Lord, teach us to live in this world with the peace of Jesus Christ in our hearts. This we ask in His Name. Amen.
Biography of Author: Today's international devotion was written by the Reverend Igor Marcelo Schreiber, who currently serves as pastor-chaplain of El Divino Salvador School in Zacapa, Guatemala. In this country, Lutheran Hour Ministries-Guatemala uses Project JOEL, Bible Correspondence Courses (BCC) and Equipping the Saints (ETS) in its outreach to the citizens of this Central American country of nearly 15 million people.
To learn more about our International Ministries, click here or visit www.lhmint.org.
In Christ I remain His servant and yours,
Pastor Ken Klaus
Speaker emeritus of The Lutheran Hour®
Lutheran Hour Ministries
To Download Devotion MP3 to your computer, right click here and select "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" or "Download Linked File As"