December 21, 2019: Speaking of Presence
The message that sparked the conversation ... Here to Stay.
Christmas is a time of joy and peace, but the holidays can also feel lonely and isolating. Join us as we talk about being “present“ with our loved ones and the God who is truly present with us.
- Introduce yourself with a memorable Christmas present you received or gave ...
Why was it so memorable you?
- It's been said, "Christmas is special not because of the presents but the presence of people you love." What does it mean to "be present" or to "be there" for someone?
(reference Loved and Sent by Jeff Cloeter, pages 136 - 140)
- What are some Christmas traditions that help you be more fully present with others?
What makes it difficult to be present with people?
- Listening to God's promise to be present with his people in Matthew 1:18-25 (see also Isaiah 7 - 9), what gets your attention?
- In Colossians 1:24-29, Paul says "Christ in you" is our "hope of glory." How have you seen Jesus be present in you or in the life of someone you know well?
- What do you get to know more deeply about God through this?
- What is something you would like to do be more fully present for someone?