"A Christian Home"
May 23, 2006Email to a FriendPrint
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
It’s a great advantage to live in a Christian home and take part in Christian home life. We are concerned about maintaining a Christian atmosphere in our homes. What are some of the ingredients of the Christian home life?
1. The love Christ has for us and we for Him shows in the respect members of a Christian household have for each other.
2. Forgiveness, like the forgiveness we experience through Christ’s suffering and death on Calvary, is practiced and expressed.
3. Prayers, Bible readings, and Christian music are part of daily living.
4. Moral values based on biblical truths are taught and practiced.
5. There is a sense of fellowship, belonging, and security.
6. There is trust, love, and affection.
No home is without conflict. The difference in a Christian home is how we deal with it. Christian family members deal with each other in a manner that reflects the love of Christ. Indeed, the love of Christ, His for us and ours for Him, is at the very heart and center of a Christian home.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, endow our families with Your love. Amen.
(Devotions from “The Abundant Life” copyright 1998, CPH. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be printed, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of Concordia Publishing House. Permission is granted for one-time e-mailing of this link to a friend. For information on other devotional material, please contact CPH at 800-325-3040 or visit CPH at www.cph.org.)