"All Arrows on Target"
January 30, 2006Email to a FriendPrint
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5
All who belong to Christ belong to each other. We have "one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all" (Ephesians 4:5-6).
God has not given each of us our own island to run. He has placed us into community: "You stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:27). One helps another in life's struggles.
This is the way we express our oneness of mind and purpose:
(1) We walk together under God's Word. We strive to advance Christ's church in
knowledge, in love of the truth, in purity of life.
(2) We watch over one another. We cultivate love in the body of Christ, Christian
sympathy, and courtesy. We are slow to take offense, always ready for reconciliation.
(3) We contribute cheerfully to maintain the ministries of the church -- the spreading of the Gospel through all the world, the relief of the poor and needy.
(4) We maintain private and family worship, and we seek the salvation of our kindred
(5) We are just in our dealings with others, watchful in our manner of life. We refrain
from everything that may bring reproach on Christ, who gave His life for the salvation of us all.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I want my example to spread the light, never casting shadows. May my words and deeds reflect my life in You. Amen.
(Devotions from "The Abundant Life" copyright 1998, CPH. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be printed, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of Concordia Publishing House. Permission is granted for one-time e-mailing of this link to a friend. For information on other devotional material, please contact CPH at 800-325-3040 or visit CPH at www.cph.org.)