April 25, 2021: Episode 92 | Speaking of Do-overs
The message that sparked the conversation ... Replace or Repair?.
Do-overs: we don’t always get them...but we all need them. Join us and we’ll talk about that as we take the next step in the book of Jonah.
(1) Think of a time when you got an unexpected "do over" at something important (e.g., during a game or project, in a relationship, at a job, on a team). If you were to tell a short story about this, what would the title be? Introduce yourself with your first name and the title of your "do over" story. After everyone shares, tell us the short story ...
(2) When are you more likely to give someone else a do-over? When are you less likely?
(3) Why are do-overs important for human development?
(4) One of the most well-known do-overs in the Bible is the case of the Prophet Jonah. Listen to it in the Jonah 1:1 - 3:3. Focusing on Jonah 2:1 - 3:3, what grabs you, interests, connects, confuses, or raises questions for you?
(5) Listening to this, what are you getting to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus, who came to give the "sign of Jonah" (Matthew 12:39)?
(6) How is this good news for you, today?
(7) Reflecting on this, what would you want to say to people in your household, congregation, or neighborhood?