February 28, 2021: Episode 84 | Speaking of Impossible Situations
The message that sparked the conversation ... Where a Kid Can Be a Kid.
How do you feel when you know there isn’t anything more you can do? When you are completely stuck and it’s out of your hands? Join us in a conversation about impossible situations.
(1) Tell us about a situation when you felt relief in knowing that something was, humanly speaking, impossible for you. Was it when you were a child, or more recently?
(2) Facing something believed to be impossible is often the cause of anxiety or despair, not relief. Why is that?
(3) What are the factors that can make an impossible situation a relief?
(4) In Mark chapter 10, Jesus' disciples ask him a pointed question. They say, "Then who can be saved?" Jesus' reply may or may not have come as a relief. He said, "As far as people are concerned, it is impossible. But not as far as God is concerned ..." Listen to the context surrounding this conversation (Mark 10:13-45) and see if there's a word or phrase that stands out to you. After everyone shares their word or phrase, explain why that "got" you.
(5) Reflecting on this, what are you getting to know more deeply about Jesus?
(6) How is this good news for you?
(7) Coming away from this conversation, what do you want to say to people in your household, congregation, or neighborhood?