January 17, 2021: Episode 78 | Speaking of Inner Circles
The message that sparked the conversation ... Lost in Wonder, Love, and Praise!.
How does it feel to be an insider and what would you do to get there? Join us in a conversation about acceptance, inclusion, and finding a place.
(1) When have you dealt with an "inner circle"? Were you on the outside or inside?
(2) Why do people form inner circles? Are there special circumstances that lead them to develop in some situations, but not others?
(3) When do inner circles become unhealthy (e.g., gangs, cliques, factions)?
(4) In the third chapter of The Gospel of Mark, we see different inner circles interacting, often clashing. There are inner circles collaborating to destroy Jesus—groups known as the "Pharisees" and the "Herodians." Then Jesus calls an inner circle of followers. His own family questions his sanity. And there's a group seated around him in a circle. As you listen to Mark 3, what's a word or a phrase that gets you (confuses, interests, raises questions, or otherwise gets your attention)? After everyone shares their word/phrase, share why it "got" you.
(5) Reflecting on this, what are you getting to know more deeply about God and his Son, Jesus?
(6) How is this good news for you?
(7) Coming away from this conversation, what do you want to say to people in your household, congregation, or neighborhood?