December 20, 2020: Episode 74 | Speaking of Testimonials
The message that sparked the conversation ... Experience God
How often do you read the reviews of a new product before you buy it? Personal recommendations guide many of our purchases. The same can be said for matters of faith. Join us in a special Christmas episode as we discuss the testimony of John, a first-hand witness to the life of Jesus.
- When has a personal testimonial from someone influenced you to try a new product, service, or experience?
- Under what circumstances would you feel compelled to give a testimonial extolling the virtues of something or someone?
- What makes a testimonial influential?
- In the Gospel of John, chapter 1:1-18, John uses the verb "testify" (or bear witness, depending on the translation) three times. Throughout the whole book, he uses the verb over 30 times. As you listen to this passage, what's a word or phrase that gets you?
- Reflecting on this, what are you getting to know more deeply about God and his Son?
- How is this good news for you?
- Coming away from this conversation, what do you want to say to people in your household, congregation, or neighborhood?