August 23, 2020: Speaking of Hidden Motives
The message that sparked the conversation ... The Darkness Has Not Overcome It.
Actions speak for themselves, except when they don’t. Have you ever come to a conclusion about someone’s intent based on their actions...only to find out you were wrong? Join us in a conversation about double agents, the masked will of God, and hidden motives.
- Could you share a time when someone seemed against you (or seemed to be hurting you), but was actually helping you?
- God has a track record of sending his messengers first into failure (e.g., Moses, Isaiah, Jesus); what do you make of this?
- What else gets your attention (frustrates, interests, or raises questions for you) in John 12:35-50?
- What do you know (or more deeply know) about Jesus from this passage?
- What good news do people in your household or church or community need to hear from this?