May 24, 2020: Speaking of Warfare
The message that sparked the conversation ... Life After Rescue.
War comes in all sizes. From international conflicts to personal relationships opposing forces fight for dominance. Join us in a conversation about the enemies we face and how to operate during warfare.
- Do you have a favorite war story (book, movie, play, etc.)?
- What makes war stories so compelling?
- In Christian circles, you'll sometimes hear people speak of "spiritual warfare." What is your general reaction to that term?
- The Bible Project produced a video series called "Spiritual Beings," and on of the video was titled "The Satan & Demons" (bibleproject.com/all-videos/spiritual-beings/). If you had a chance to watch it, what was something that stayed with from that video, or any others in the series?
- This situation of spiritual rebellion and on-going warfare is critical for understanding the storyline of the Bible, including Exodus chapter 20. What are commonly called The Ten Commandments are post-rescue wartime operating instructions. As you listen to them, what was one word or phrase that got your attention? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God of Jesus through hearing this?
- Considering the bigger story of Scripture, how is this good news for you?
- Reflecting on this, what do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?