May 17, 2020: Episode 43 | Speaking of Attention
The message that sparked the conversation ... Words Matter.
Do you have a long attention span? What kinds of things draw you in and hold your interest? Jump into Exodus 19 and join us in a conversation about the ways that God holds our attention and where ours might be.
- What is something for which you have a short attention span?
- When is your attention span maximized?
- Consider the different metaphors we use for attention: attention spans, like a bridge over a chasm of boredom ... or, a passive metaphor, something can grab your attention. What other common metaphors do people use to describe attention?
- Which metaphors are more helpful for understanding how your attention works?
- In Exodus chapter 19, we arrive at the place where the book of Exodus has been leading. God has rescued his people so that he can meet them, speak with, and dwell with them. Here, God does something out-of-the-ordinary to get his people's attention. As you listened to it, what was one word or phrase that got your attention? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God of Jesus through hearing this?
- Considering the bigger story of Scripture, how is this good news for you?
- Reflecting on this, what do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?