May 10, 2020: Speaking of Mentors
The message that sparked the conversation ... Stand a Little Taller.
What’s the difference between a mentor and a meddler? Join us as we discuss the blessing of walking alongside each other, the power of an outside perspective, and the man who mentored Moses.
- Was there someone who mentored you, formally or informally, along the way?
- How does the term "mentor" strike you? Positively or negatively? Why?
- Why do some people seek out mentors?
- In Exodus chapter 18, we see a mentoring relationship unfold between Moses and his father-in-law, Jethro. As you listen to this chapter, what was one word or phrase that "got" you? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through hearing this?
- How is there good news in this for you?
- Reflecting on this, what do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?