April 26, 2020: Episode 40 | Speaking of Bullying
The message that sparked the conversation ... The Great Pursuit.
What do you do with a bully? Everyone has them, no one likes them. Join us in a conversation about taking punches and where to go when they won’t stop.
- What experience do you have with being bullied or being a bully?
- What's the difference between "bullying" and a good-natured "giving someone a hard time"?
- From your experience or observation, what is the emotional or psychological impact of being bullied?
- What about for the person doing the bullying?
- In Exodus chapter 15, the people of Israel sing a song to thank the Lord for saving them from a Pharaoh, a pathological bully. As you listened to it, what was one word or phrase that "got" you? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God of Jesus through hearing this?
- Considering the bigger Story of Scripture, how is this good news for you?
- Reflecting on this, what do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?