April 05, 2020: Episode 37 | Speaking of Patience
The message that sparked the conversation ... There's Still Time.
Getting impatient? During this time of waiting it’s easy to get frustrated. You are not alone. Join us in a conversation about patience, urgency, and Exodus 11.
- How would you describe your parent(s)' parenting style?
- When was a time your parent/guardian showed what you now consider to be "tough love"?
- What's the difference between tough love and abuse?
- When is it hard to tell the difference (whether as the giver, receiver, or as an observer)?
- Exodus chapters 11-12 narrate the culminating confrontation between the God of Israel and Pharaoh, the King of Egypt, who was enslaving the people of Israel, refusing to let them go. Even after 9 plagues—a river of blood, invading frogs, gnats, and flies, dead livestock, skin sores, destructive hail, locusts, and darkness—Pharaoh's heart is still stubborn. As you listen to this chapter, what was one word or phrase that stood out to you? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- How is there good news in this for you?
- What do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?