March 29, 2020: Speaking of Crazy Love
The message that sparked the conversation ... Labors of Love.
Who was your first crush? From the puppy kind to the crazy kind, love spans the spectrum. Jump into this conversation about plagues, God’s deliverance of His Old Testament people, and His love for you.
- What can you tell us about the first "crush" you had on someone?
- What do people mean by the phrase "crazy love"? (e.g., Beyoncé's song "Crazy in Love," or Van Morrison's, "Crazy Love," where he sings, "I can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles and the heavens open every time she smiles.")
- When does crazy love become just crazy (harmful, destructive)?
- Exodus chapter 10 continues the account of God's confrontation with Pharaoh in God's relentless love for his people and, ultimately, all people. As you listen to this chapter, what was one word or phrase that stood out to you? Why?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- How is there good news in this for you?
- Christian author Francis Chan, in his book Crazy Love, says that the only sane response to God's relentless, all-powerful love is wholehearted devotion—crazy love for God. Why do you think so many Christians experience complacency in their relationship with God?
- What do you want to say about this to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?