March 01, 2020: Speaking of Singled-Out
The message that sparked the conversation ... Singled-Out but Not Alone.
Would you rather be chosen out of a crowd or lost in one? This week we’ll explore the tension between standing out and fitting in...and the true story of a man whom God singled-out for a unique calling.
- Are you more afraid of being lost in a crowd or singled-out? Does it depend on the context?
- Would you share a memory of when you were involuntarily singled-out for special attention?
- Reflecting on this and other times you've been singled-out, how do you feel about these experiences now? How have they shaped the person you're becoming?
- In Exodus 3-4, Moses is involuntarily singled-out by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. As you listen to these two chapters, what is the place in the story that engages you (fascinates, startles, thrills, haunts, angers, gladdens, or otherwise gets your attention)?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through hearing this?
- Where is there good news in this for you?
- What do you want to say to people in your household, church, or neighborhood?