February 09, 2020: Episode 29 | Speaking of Breakthroughs
The message that sparked the conversation ... Break Through the No-Go Zone.
Breakthrough moments shed new light on a situation and shift our perspective. When was the last time that happened to you? This week we’ll talk about Judah’s breakthrough, Joseph’s big reveal, and the unexpected ways that God shows his faithfulness.
- Describe your learning style. What helps something new "click" for you?
- Share a time when you had a "breakthrough" while learning a new activity or skill, a role or responsibility?
- What makes something count as a breakthrough?
- We've been listening to segments of the story of Jacob and his 12 sons recorded at the end of Genesis. Much of the story has focused on Joseph. But in this scene, the focus shifts to Judah, who, so far, has mostly been living for himself (e.g., he suggested selling Joseph as slave in chapter 37, then acted shamefully in chapter 38). However, in chapters 43-45, Judah has a breakthrough and gives the longest speech in the book of Genesis (44:18-34). Listening to these chapters, what sticks with you, interests you, or raises questions?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through hearing this?
- How is there good news in this for you?
- What do you want to say to people in your household, church, or community?