January 12, 2020: Episode 25 | Speaking of Friendship
The message that sparked the conversation ... People Are Treasure.
What factors determine a friendship? How do you express affection? Join us as we pick up with the melodrama of Joseph’s life and a conversation about what it means to be a friend.
- Share the name of a childhood friend with whom you spent a lot of time.
Why was that friendship important to you?
- Thinking about your friends over the years, what tended to draw you to them--common interests/goals you shared? Or, was it something about their personality that pulled you in?
- If, like Abraham, you considered yourself a "friend" of God (Isaiah 41:8), what draws you to this God--his interests/goals which you share (or aspire to share), or his personality?
- Four times in Genesis 39, we are told that "the LORD was with Joseph." Through this ordeal, Joseph is getting to know the purposes, plans, and personality of the God who called his great-grandfather a "friend." Listening to this chapter what stands out to you?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God of Abraham through this?
- How is this good news?
- Reflecting on this, what do you want to say to people in your household, church, or community?