December 29, 2019: Episode 23 | Speaking of 2019
The message that sparked the conversation ... VDMA.
Good Bye 2019! What are some of the good things that the Lord has blessed you with in the past year? Are there any parts of 2019 that are still hard to talk about? Join us in a frank discussion about vulnerability, set-backs, and standing in the gap.
- Share a 1-to-3-word summary of what you were doing 1 year ago ...Tell us more about that ...
- Looking back at the last year, what was a major setback or disappointment you faced?
- How have you been able to see God at work through that?
- The prophet Jeremiah is sometimes called the "weeping prophet." God had him announce the imminent collapse of his nation's religion, government, culture and society. And then Jeremiah had to live through it, knowing that it all came from his God. Listening to Jeremiah 1:4-19, what gets your attention (interests or frustrates, encourages or puzzles, raises questions)?
- What do you get to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- Through the disappointment and disaster that would come, God also has Jeremiah offer them hope: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land" (Jer. 23:5). How is this good news for you?
- Looking toward the coming year, what do people in your household, church, or community need to hear from this?