November 24, 2019: Episode 18 | Speaking of Love
The message that sparked the conversation ... Loved and Sent: God Is Love.
Do you love bacon? Do you love naps? Do you love your mom? The word love describes everything from fuzzy feelings to life-time commitments. Jeff Cloeter, author of the book Loved and Sent, joins in a conversation about (you guessed it) LOVE.
- Introduce yourself and share something you "love" (not a person)
- Did you ever get in trouble for using the word "love" in a careless or too casual way?
- What are different ways the word "love" is used on our culture?
- The Bible says, "God is love" (1 John 4), but some people act like, "Love is god." Think of the songs, "All for Love" ... "The Power of Love" ... "In the Name of Love" ... "All You Need is Love" What's the difference between "God is love" and "Love is god"?
- Listening to 1 John 4:7-12, what stands out to you?
- When have you found it difficult (or, when do you find it difficult) to believe that God loves you?
- How is God's love different than human love?
- How is this good news for you?
- What do you want to share with people in your household, church, or community?