November 10, 2019: Episode 16 | Speaking of Downers
The message that sparked the conversation ... For Such a Downer.
Nothing takes the fun out of a party like a “Debbie Downer“. Sometimes we can ignore them, other times it’s not that easy. Join the conversation as we talk about Genesis 21, downers, and freedom.
- What is something that automatically puts you in a good mood?
- What about something that can put you in a bad mood just as quickly?
- What makes someone a "downer"?
- What's the difference between being a "downer" and "being realistic" or "telling it like it is"?
- Genesis 21 is sort of a "downer." After waiting 25 years for God to keep his promise, Abraham and Sarah have a son. But now they must deal with Hagar and Ishmael. Listening to this chapter, what stands out to you (interests, puzzles, raises questions, or gets your attention)?
- What do you come to know more deeply about the God of Jesus from this chapter?
- How is this good news for you?
- What do you want to share about this with people in your household, church, or community?