November 03, 2019: Episode 15 | Speaking of Strangers
The message that sparked the conversation ... Stranger Danger.
Can you trust a stranger? Abraham did and found himself in the presence of God. This week we tackle the story of Sodom’s destruction and how a stranger can change lives.
- What is an activity that is strange to you?
- Would you share a memory of when you had a negative experience with a stranger?
- What about a positive experience with a stranger?
- What is the relationship between these common human customs?
- practice hospitality toward strangers;
- and, beware of strangers ...
- Genesis 18 deals with strangers. God shows up in the form of a stranger. Abraham pleads for strangers. Listening to this chapter, what stands out to you?
- Where do you see Jesus, God's Word-made-flesh, in this chapter?
- How is this good news?
- What do you want to share about this with people in your household, church, or community?