October 06, 2019: Episode 11 | Speaking of Home
The message that sparked the conversation ... Homeward.
What does it take for you to feel at home? Is it a house, a shared culture, being with your family? Join us for a discussion about what it means to feel secure and where to look when we don’t.
- Where did your parent(s) call "home"?
- What was something memorable your mom or dad told you about their home growing up?
- How did your parent(s) try to make a "home" for you?
- What are some things that still make you feel "at home" today?
- How can being "at home" be an elusive experience?
- Genesis Chapter 11 begins with people finding a home, but then getting sent from that home. Genesis Chapter 12 begins with people getting sent from home to find a new home. Hearing these two accounts together, what stands out to you?
- What do you come to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- How is this good news?
- What do people in your household, church, or community need to hear about this?