September 29, 2019: Episode 10 | Speaking of Villains
The message that sparked the conversation ... The Story We Needed.
Who are your favorite fictional villains? What is it about them that draws your attention? This week we talked about how God deals with sin and His patience with the “villain“ in each of us.
- Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- Tell us more about your villain ... what makes him/her compelling, intriguing, terrifying?
- Some villains we can demonize. But with others, we empathize. What makes you "feel for" a villain?
- Along with the desire to write good fiction, why would an author want a reader to empathize with the villain?
- In the account of the flood in Genesis 6 - 9, humankind is portrayed as the villain. Listening to this, what "gets you" (i.e., interests, frustrates, confuses, raises questions, or otherwise gets your attention)?
- What do you come to know more deeply about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- How is this good news?
- What do people in your household, church, or community need to hear about this?