September 16, 2019: Speaking of Consequences
The message that sparked the conversation ... The Dream Is Alive.
What’s the difference between discipline and punishment? This week we’ll talk about the consequence of sin and what God does about it.
- Finish this sentence in one to three words: As a kid, I got in trouble for ...
- When was a time you received or delivered an emotionally significant punishment?
- On the receiving end of punishment, have you been able to see any good intentions of the person delivering it?
- On the dishing-out side, how have you tried to communicate your good intentions for the person being punished?
- In Genesis 3, the Lord God delivers a significant punishment. As you listen to it, what gets your attention?
- What do you come to know about the God and Father of Jesus through this?
- How is this good news?
- What do people in your household, church, or community need to hear about this?