September 17, 2019
Siebert Lutheran Foundation Funds Courses on Cross-Cultural, Rural, Outreach
Two new courses from LHM Learn will add depth and dimension to your online learning this fall. Caring Conversations Across Cultures is a four-session course that explores how we communicate with others over cultural divides. The course objective is simple but profound: develop a friendship with someone from another culture. Course host Dr. Amy Narishkin has spent years involved in these kinds of contacts and relationships and brings a wealth of knowledge to this course.
Reaching Out in Rural America is a four-session course that explores how we make contacts and encourage connections in rural America. Course host is Chris Macky, instructional designer with LHM. Dr. Kari Vo, LHM's theological writer and Daily Devotion contributor, authored the course. Rev. Monte Meyer, parish life facilitator for the Minnesota North District, adds his perspectives from years of working in rural areas.
Each course includes a journal, discussion guide, video transcript, and helpful tips for using the resource in small groups. Both courses were funded by the Siebert Lutheran Foundation.
All LHM Learn online courses are FREE and need only your registration to use. To check out this course and the others at LHM Learn, you can click here. Don't forget too that you can start and stop courses mid-stream, returning later to where you left off, so they are ideal for people with busy schedules.
Online courses from LHM Learn fall into five different faith-strengthening categories. Here they are:
* Christian Foundations (the basics of Christianity from biblical, theological, and historical perspectives)
* Cultural Concepts (resources to understand the different demographics, cultures, and religions in our world today)
* Everyday Insights (thoughts about the good and bad that life throws our way)
* Outreach Essentials (personal evangelism and tools to reach others with the Gospel)
* Spiritual Reflections (devotional thoughts meant to strengthen and encourage)
Courses from LHM Learn are suitable for self-study or to work through in groups. Look through the above menu of offerings to see what interests you and your group.
Newest Men's NetWork Groups:
Salina Trinity Laymen
Lutheran Church of the Cross Sonseekers
Punta Gorda, FL