Today’s Reading: John 15:9-17 & Psalm 66
“I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” John 15:11
His joy…complete joy? Yes!
1. “If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him” (John 14:23). Christ lives within you, in Him joy exists.
2. “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have” (1 Peter 3:15). Christ is the certainty of a God-given hope. Whom can you tell about this hope? Give an answer—and watch your joy level rise!
3. “If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit” (John 15:5). Did you give something to eat and drink… invite …look after…visit? These fruits of faith result in His you did it for Me—talk about complete joy!
4. “Forgive your brother from your heart” (Matthew 18:35). We, who have been to Calvary to receive forgiveness, also leave Calvary to give forgiveness.
5. “Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete” (John 16:24). We impoverish ourselves by not praying, for prayer enriches. His invitation to pray is for our comfort and our joy.
6. “You ought to say, ‘If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that’” (James 4:15). Submit your plans and dreams to your God, relying on His will, not yours. You will find His joy.
7. “Do not let your hearts be troubled” (John 14:1). So says our Lord, the one who has committed Himself to us as Savior and Lord—our source of complete joy.
Heavenly Father, source of all true joy, bring us to seek our joy in You and in Your will so that our lives may be marked by the complete joy that comes only from following You. We pray in the name of Christ. Amen.
In which areas of your life do you need His strength and guidance so that your joy may be complete?
To Download Devotion MP3 to your computer, right click here and select "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" or "Download Linked File As"