Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM), a non-profit organization located in West County, seeks a Grants Intern for a hands-on part time internship. This person will assist in the grant development and writing process for the organization. LHM is willing to work with student to obtain college credit. Areas of responsibility include:
1. Perform research on potential grant sources using grant databases. Qualify potential for support through written and phone communication. Create and update records in grants database.
2. Identify churches with endowment fund and/or foundation that would be potential source of grant income. Qualify potential for support through written and phone communication. Create and update records in grants database.
3. Provide support for documentation regarding grant applications.
4. Assist with creation and production of materials for grant applications.
5. Assist LHM Grants Manager as needed.
* Working towards a degree or certification in non-profit education/administration, social work, public policy, or other related field
* Strong computer literacy
* Willing to commit to at least 10 hours per week