Ministry Advancement Officer
Are you interested in putting your successful fundraising track record to work for a global outreach ministry that uses Christian radio and TV programming, internet and print communications, and other culturally relevant venues and methods to share Christ in more than 50 countries? Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM) is seeking a fundraising professional to identify, cultivate, and steward donor relationships with LHM, resulting in the solicitation and close of major gifts from existing and new ministry supporters. This person will be expected to raise funds at a major gifts level (gifts of $50,000 and greater) in support of the ministry, working toward expected and mutually agreed upon goals and objectives that will annually address: the number of expected visits, solicitations, active pipeline of donors within a defined territory. This individual will also serve as the Lutheran Hour Ministries representative and direct contact to planned partnerships of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod Foundation in a specified region.
* A bachelor's degree, plus five years of experience in fund development preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in fund development or related field.
* Member in good standing of a Lutheran congregation and faithful supporter.
* Well organized and a good administrator; able to work independently as well as within a team.
* Ability to work in a system that emphasizes results.
* Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work with numbers and understand technical data.
* Willing to travel extensively.
The above listing is a full-time position with benefits through Concordia Plan Services. (See www.concordiaplans.org for benefit details: The Church's Plan.)