Associate Director, Principal Gifts
An experienced development professional is needed to fill an important role at Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM). The Associate Director - Principal Gifts will be responsible for cultivating and securing major gift commitments from individuals who have a desire to partner with LHM in Bringing Christ to the Nations - and the Nations to the Church. This position has a nationwide focus and is not confined to any state or region. Areas of responsibility will include developing and implementing strategies and structured plans for maintaining successful relationships with major donor prospects and identifying new donor prospects, and serving as a resource on strategy to the Constituent Services Team.
* A deep appreciation for and an ability to successfully articulate the mission and values of Lutheran Hour Ministries
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* At least three years of major gift and/or planned giving experience.
* Demonstrated success developing and sustaining relationships with top tier donor prospects ($100,000 philanthropic capacity)
* Demonstrated experience and expertise in personally closing gifts of $250,000+
* Demonstrated proficiency using technology to manage prospect contact documentation and portfolios
* Available for extensive travel and able to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends and evenings.
The above listing is a full-time position with benefits through Concordia Plan Services. (See www.concordiaplans.org for benefit details: The Church's Plan.)