Online Mission Trips
The 2017 location will be announced soon!
Click here to receive updates as information becomes available!
What's an Online Mission Trip?
Much of the church's enthusiasm today for evangelism and mission involvement is fueled by opportunities for "hands-on" service and learning alongside Christians around the world. Parishioners travel across the globe to meet, work with and witness to people in other countries who need to hear about the eternal life God offers through Jesus Christ.
Children's opportunities for hands-on service in the field tend to be limited - but through Lutheran Hour Ministries' International Online Mission Trips (OMT), students can experience much of the learning and thrill of a mission trip - and develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the work of Lutheran Hour Ministries around the world.
When your school registers for Lutheran Hour Ministries' Online Mission Trip, students will:
- Get to know LHM ministry leaders in an overseas community;
- Learn about the people of a different culture and how God's Word is being shared and spread among them;
- Learn the importance of relationship-building and holistic outreach in the spread of the Gospel;
- Learn how their involvement through prayer and their designated chapel offerings can help "make disciples of all nations!"
How an Online Mission Trip Works
- Register your class or school by clicking here.
- You will receive a link via auto email each morning during the week of the trip, January 25-28. When you click on the link you will be taken to the video for that day. You will only be able to view the videos if you have previously registered for the trip. At the end of the week, all videos will be made available online for any schools who wish to participate at a later date.
- Students will be able to send questions about the ministry in Guatemala via #omtguat and continue the conversation on social media.
- Teachers will have access to curriculum to deepen their understanding of and engagement in the work of the LHM ministry center.
- Schools will give chapel offering donations to support the mission work of their Online Mission Trip partner.